VANISH Graffiti & Paint Remover
VANISH Graffiti & Paint Remover is a highly effective, economical, and biodegradable remover for bare brick, stone, and masonry applications. It will remove all types of paints from porous stone and concrete surfaces. It is safe and effective to use on all types of natural stone such as limestone, granite, and marble. Use it on stainless steel, trees, plastics and playground equipment. VANISH removes thicker acrylic paints and paint spills. Also recommended for the removal of unwanted, old, or vandalized murals. In addition, you can use it to remove adhesive from carpet and tile floors and the removal of sealants and graffiti coatings which have deteriorated with age.
Features & Benefits
- Virtually odorless and non toxic.
- Stays wetter longer, ensuring maximum dwell time. Ideal for hot weather removals.
- Easily rinsed with a small pressure washer. Resulting run off is a readily biodegradable gray water soap. Can be left to biodegrade, recycled, or further diluted for use in gardens, etc.
- No shadows, no damage, no harsh scrubbing required.
- Safe and effective for removals on asphalt /bitumen roads, as it will not affect the bitumen.
Product Use Instructions
For typical removal jobs on graffiti and other paint.
Apply several coats of VANISH Graffiti & Paint Remover by brush, broom or spray onto the graffiti and allow several minutes dwell time between coats at least. The longer you can leave it on the graffiti, the better your results. Extended dwell time also makes it easier to rinse away (just like soaking a burnt saucepan overnight).
Agitate with a soft nylon brush between coats. Rinse with a pressure washer or scrubbing brush and water.
The main thing is patience. Paint removal can be tedious if you try to rush things. After all, you only want to do this job once, if possible. Rinse with 1500 – 2000 PSI and a 15º or 25º fan jet at about 6 inches from the surface. Do not blast or use ‘turbo’ type nozzles which risk doing damage. When you rinse, try to remove a little of the graffiti from the bottom of the tag without wetting the whole area. If satisfied, then proceed to full scale. Wash the whole area from top to bottom.
Remember: If the remover has not done its job, then no amount of ‘blasting’ will fix the problem. Failures with VANISH are usually caused by not flood coating adequately or not leaving product on long enough. Blasting too close or at a higher pressure will not resolve these failures.
For removing carpet and tile glue.
Apply VANISH Graffiti & Paint Remover and leave on as long as needed. Scrape up as much dissolved glue as possible before pressure washing with hot water.
1 gallon of Vanish Graffiti & Paint Remover will remove approximately:
- 200 sq ft (per three coats on typical graffiti) for concrete
- 80 – 100 sq ft on sandstone, limestone, other soft absorbent surfaces, or thicker paints where additional coats are required.
Coverage varies depending upon the porosity of the surface, material, and the type of paint being removed.