CHOOSING PRESSURE WASHING EQUIPMENT
Whether you are starting your own business in the pressure washing industry, or you are looking to grow and expand your organization, you will no doubt want to invest considerable time, energy and attention toward choosing pressure washing equipment that you will be working with. In addition to the high pressure washer machine itself, you’ll also need to consider peripheral equipment such as hoses and wands, surface cleaner, various specialty nozzles, and hose reel, not to mention truck and trailer. There is a huge difference between the equipment that is available at Home Depot or Lowe’s for homeowner DIY weekend projects used a few times each year, and equipment that is professional grade and built to last through many years of daily wear and tear by commercial cleaning contractors.
At www.DougRuckerStore.com, we are here to assist you in any and every possible to ensure you choose the right equipment for your needs. In fact, here are five very important things to remember when choosing equipment:
- First and foremost, you will need to educate yourself on how to use the equipment you choose effectively and efficiently to maximize your time and increase profitability. This includes learning how to operate the equipment so that work flows smoothly on the job, as well as maintaining the equipment so that your investment endures over time. In addition, there are certain strategies for utilizing the equipment you’ve chosen for the various kinds of surfaces you will be cleaning. Check out www.pressurecleaningschool.com if you are interested in hands on or online video training, and another option for online training is our Cleaners University training website at https://www.cleanersuniversity.com/?ref=2f8bdb.
- Next, when choosing pressure washing equipment, you will need to consider how you intend to transport the equipment. Will you be working from a trailer, truck bed or from the back of a van? Will it be mounted or will it need to be portable? Sizing up your equipment in weight and inches as well as sizing up your transport room and weight capacity is vital to the planning process before any purchases are made.
- Do you plan to use it for residential cleaning only, commercial cleaning only, or both? We recommend various machines based on the goals of your business and what you need to succeed.
- What type of surfaces do you intend to be cleaning with your equipment? Concrete only? Do you intend to clean roofs? What about pool decks, wooden patios, fencing, and of course, the many types of exterior wall surfaces on homes and businesses in your community? A more focused approach will call for certain pieces of equipment, while a more comprehensive approach will require equipment designed for broader and wider use. We can certainly help you work through these issues.
- You’ll need to establish a budget that can guide you through the entire planning process of purchasing new equipment. As your business grows, so will your need for new, more and updated equipment over the years.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at www.DougRuckerStore.com and feel free to call or text us at (281)612-1223 as we would be delighted to lend our experience of over thirty years in the industry as you choose equipment. Our goal is to help you succeed as a mobile cleaning contractor in your community by making sure you are fully equipped with everything you need, but now purchase things you don’t need.